The term yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual discipline which originates in ancient India. The mission of the yoga is the achievement of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility.
The hath yoga and bhakti yoga are two types taught doing yoga. The bhakti yoga refers to yoga in which the spiritual practice is done. The term bhakti is a Sanskrit word which signifies an attitude of devotion to a personal God that is similar to a number of human-human relationships.
Hath yoga additionally called as hath vidya is a system of a yoga which is introduced by Yogi a Hindu sage of 15th century India, and compiler of the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
There are three types of yoga :
- Karma yoga : it is yoga of action
- Bhakti yoga :it is yoga of devotion
- Jnana yoga: it is yoga of knowledge
There are several benefits of yoga
- It increases flexibility.
- It increases lubrication of joints, ligaments
- Through stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body.
- Muscles that have actually become flaccid, weak or sloth are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess flab and flaccidity.
Yoga through meditation works remarkably to achieve this harmony and helps the mind work in sync along with the body. In fact yoga = meditation, because both work together in achieving the common goal of unity of mind, body and spirit – a state of eternal bliss.
There are different poses of yoga:
- Increasing flexibility of the body and freeing all the energy blocks. Besides increasing flexibility, this leads to a healthier body.
- Helping to lose excess flab and weight – another cause of ill health.
The yoga to be done empty stomach and it can be done at anytime during the day. The yoga to be done from age 7 to 77 age. The Himalayan yoga have actually several advantages are prevention of disorders and ailments and maintenance of health and fitness in daily life.
Yoga has actually several advantages over other methods of maintaining health, such as gymnastics, athletics, aerobics, games, and various other forms of exercise. Yoga should only be practiced on empty stomach.
Yoga and Ayurveda were inspired and developed by the great sages of ancient India, over 5000 years ago. Both were created to keep the body and mind strong, allowing people to focus on the really important job of finding their true purpose.