You have probably heard of paleo diet. There has been talks and debates all over on how paleo diet is easy and healthy. I guess you want to know if that is true as well.
Paleo diet is the diet that reflects how the cave dwellers or the Stone Age people used to eat. In other words, the simple paleo diet plan is the Stone Age diet.
The diet includes completely unprocessed foods. It came into lime light in 2002 when most nutritionists started publishing books and encouraging people to adapt the diet.
To some extent, our ancestors lived longer than we did, which may make more sense. However, I was not there and I am 100% you were not there.
Anyway, paleo diet is not a new topic to the world of health and nutrition. The Paleo diet meal plans
allows some type of foods and discourages some specific type of foods.
Want to know more about the only healthy cookbook you ever need? Click here and get a 10 week meal plan with over 470 easy to prepare recipes…. Click here and get it right now!
Foods that qualify to be paleo
So what are the foods that our ancestors lived on and were able to stay healthy, physically fit, and active, among others? Here they are:
- Lean meat
- Vegetables such as kales, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers etc.
- Fruits like apple, watermelon, blueberries, avocado, pears, etc.
- Healthy oils and fats
- Most tubers such as sweet and Irish potatoes, cassava, yams, turnips, and the rest.
Foods that should be avoided on a paleo diet
- Foods that are high in sugar contents for instance fruit juices unless specified that they are sugar free, the table sugar, corn syrup, candy, ice cream, some cakes, among others
- Most grains and their products such as bread, wheat, rye, pasta, among others
- Additives however natural additives or flavors can be used
- All the processed foods unless they have been naturally processed or do not have chemical additives and too much fats and sugar
- Legumes such as beans, green grams, lentils etc.
- Most dairy products however, some exception is made on products such as cheese, and butter
- Some vegetable oils for instance sunflower oils, corn oil, safflower oil etc.
- Margarine since they have Trans fats that are hydrogenated
Example of paleo diet plan
Below is a paleo diet plan containing most of the foods listed above. Note the foods that are listed are only those that the paleo diet allows which you can find in the Paleo diet cookbook.
You should note that; the paleo diet plan is just a base or a guideline of how you can plan your diet plan. Just ensure you incorporate more fruits to provide fiber and vitamins.
- Breakfast: Eggs or omelet
- Lunch: Lean protein from chicken, beefsteak, etc.
- Snack: Fruits such as banana or apple mixed with almond butter
- Dinner: Pork
- Breakfast: Banana cake or bread
- Lunch: Sautéed veggies (pre-made and reheated)
- Snack: Fish such as salmon or tuna
- Dinner: Taco pie
- Breakfast: Avocado pancakes
- Lunch: Soup
- Snack:Greek yoghurt with almond seeds
- Dinner: Bell peppers
- Breakfast: Muffins made from paleo flour
- Lunch: Veggies
- Snack: Scrambled eggs
- Dinner: Pork steak served with veggies
- Breakfast: yoghurt with paleo muffins
- Lunch: Meatserved with veggies
- Snack: Avocado mixed with small cubes of banana
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken
- Breakfast: Sweet potatoes with boiled eggs served with Greek yoghurt
- Lunch: Bell pepper sandwich
- Snack: Almonds
- Dinner: Sundried tomato bacon wrapped meatloaf
- Breakfast:Scramble eggs or boiled eggs served with veggies
- Snack: Paleo trail mix
- Dinner:Veggie stir fry
Benefits of paleo diet plan
Many scientific studies indicate the paleo diet has health benefits and it aids general weight loss. Here are some of the advantages of taking a paleo diet.
- Paleo diet promotes the balance between saturated and unsaturated fats that promote healthy bodycells.
- The diet promotes the development of more muscle mass with less body fats. This is because it consists more of healthy proteins.
- Through paleo diet, you can improve your weight loss program.
- Thriving on paleo diet can promote longer life
- Paleo diet provides all the nutrients and vitamins necessary to improve the immunity of the body and overall health of your body as well as the skin
- Most foods such as grains are normally hard to digest, and they may be allergic. By sticking to the paleo diet, you will have less allergies
- If you stick to the diet, you will get more energy
- You will not be prone to diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, thrombosis, among others.
Paleo diet involves mimicking the diet that our ancestors lived on. The only problem is only sticking to it, however, it is a healthy diet as it permits only healthy foods. As far as health is concerned, I would recommend the simple Paleo diet plan.
And you can always unsubscribe if you don’t
How The Paleo Diet Started – The Basic Facts
Paleo Diet can Help You Lose Weight the Right Way
Free Paleo Diet Plan? Get a Weekly Plan Right Here
What to Eat on a Paleo Diet? Get the Answers Here
Paleo Diet Meal Plans for Losing Weight? Read Here