NATURE OF WORK
With guidance from the Assistant City Manager and the Library Board, the Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Library, which is maintained for the benefit of residents of the City of Anadarko.
The Director is responsible for supervising various sections/department within the Library, establishing policies, procuring all library resources, maintaining the facilities and equipment, planning the various programs, and developing and presenting public relation materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Supervises the daily activities of the department and the library staff, and advises them on the operation of their departments.
2. Compiles statistics on Library activities, and prepares monthly and annual reports.
3. Prepares annual budget requests and insures that all expenditures made are within budgetary authorization.
4. Is an ex officio member of the Library Board.
5. Creates operating procedures and develops policies for adoption by Library Board. Determines that the Library policies are in compliance Along with the policies set by the Library Board, and the City government.
6. Selects all brand-new media purchased for the Library, and examines all resources added to the Library collection.
7. Procures brand-new equipment and supervises the maintenance of all equipment and facilities.
8. Supervises adult media inventory, and selects items to be bound, rebound, mended, or withdrawn.
9. Develops and implements an acquisitions program to maintain a balanced collection of print and non printed materials.
10. Develops and presents public relations materials, which may include radio announcements and talks to organizations. Represents Library to the public through an organized community relations program.
11. Keeps current on professional reading materials, attends workshops and seminars dealing Along with Information and Library Science, and maintains active memberships in professional organizations.
12. Other duties as related.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education or training in Library Science and/or related experience.
Provides management and supervisory responsibility Called for over Library Specialists and their subordinates. May assist in training brand-new employees, providing technical assistance, assigning work, performance appraisal, discipline, etc.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS, LICENSES REQUIRED
Level IV Certification or be willing to obtain the certification in a reasonable amount of time.
Must be able to use a typewriter Along with minimal level of proficiency. Ought to be able to input data and use office equipment. Ought to be able to communicate verbally; read brand-new materials/documents and locate material.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND SAFETY CONCERNS
Generally physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, Along with little or no exposure to health hazard.